Saturday, February 04, 2006

Satired (Fogh + Gollum = Fogullom)

Denmark’s embassy in Syria was, apparently, burnt to the ground. It’s a little odd to see Denmark on CNN and BBC and every other channel in the world. We’re a tiny, little unassuming country. It’s somehow funny that we can inspire such hatred and conflict.

But then it’s not funny of course.

Yesterday I called our prime minister “slimy”. I really think he is. And not just because I don’t agree with his politics. He reminds me a little of Gollum. Here, I’ll show you:

anders  fogh rasmussen and gollum

Can you see the resemblance? If not Gollum, then at least the later-stage Smeagol. Corrupted and blinded by the ring. The ring being a metaphor for political power, in this particular story.

I hope I don’t get in trouble for making that picture. But at least I don’t have a flag they can burn or an embassy they can torch. I am only using my freedom of speech.

While looking for pictures to make that collage I happened upon this one too:

anders  fogh rasmussen and george bush

*shudder*

That is one of the creepiest things I have ever seen. Saruman and Sauron.

“Saruman used the palantir of Orthanc, and was trapped by Sauron, after which, though he thought himself to be free, he was controlled by the Dark Tower”. Yup, that sounds about right.

It’s a crazy world. I think I need a dosage of Magnethe to calm me down.

magnethe

That’s better.

3 Responses to “Satired (Fogh + Gollum = Fogullom)”

  1. Milla Says:

    Oh, Magnethe does have that healing gaze :) sooo shweet!
    Plume, thanks to you I now know of the muttcomics and they really bring good vibes into my days. I lava them like a vulcano. thank u :) heh :)

    sorry to hear about the embassy. to me politics always rhymed with shmolitics and come to think of it, I like shmolitics better. hope that made any sense ;)

    huggs

  2. Katherine Says:

    Magnethe for Prez! Mathilde for Foreign Affairs, and Mads for Homeland Security!

    Do you notice how alike these Bush loving leader are, physically? Tony Blair could be your Prime Minister’s first cousin. I love Jon Stewart’s imitation of President Bush…it makes me laugh out loud. It is very sad that Denmark’s embassy burned to the ground. The Canadian embassy might not be far behind now that we have a Bush loving Prime Minister in office, too. Maybe it’s a plot by the Cylons. (Battlestar Gallactica fan here!)

    I’m surprised terrorists hate Bush because he’s got way more in common with them than us common peaceloving folk do.

  3. Peter Says:

    What’s so slimy about a guy who defends freedom of speech?

    Wake up and smell the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment