Tuesday, October 18, 2005

And Are You On The List?

Every day is a Mew concert. A constant Mew concert. I love my MP3 player. I love strolling down the street with music in my ears. It makes me feel better. Special. Like I am dancing to my own tune. And the world is a little more bearable when set to music.

Did you know that J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr appears on the new Mew album? I don’t know who that is so he’s probably great. I love the way his voice sounds along with Jonas Bjerre anyway.

And I love the piano, the bells, the harmonica. I love the transitions between songs. I love that I know the new songs so well by now that I can hear when one song is starting to gradually transform into another.

I love when Jonas Bjerre’s voice stands alone, frail and vulnerable. And I love when all the instruments explode in blistering loud soundscapes.

There is so much to Mew, you don’t know the half of it.

So today I was going to go to the post office and try to get tickets for Kashmir. But then I realized that Kashmir are playing at Train. And Train is connected to Musikcaféen. And Musikcaféen is at Kulturgyngen. And I work at Kulturgyngen. Now let me think, what did Sanne tell me when I started? She told me I could get discounts in the café. I could get in for free at shows at Gyngen. And… wasn’t there something about Train? Yes, there was something about Train. I might be able to get in for free. To see Kashmir. Wouldn’t that be something? I had to talk to our receptionist, Tina, about it. It took me a while to work up the courage. Tina is very nice, but I don’t know her and have hardly talked to her. It wasn’t easy for me to go and inquire about it. I feel like I’m not worthy, I should pay for myself and I should pay overprice. And I should thank them for letting me pay overprice. And then I should kiss their boots, just so we’re all clear that I’m not allowed to feel good about myself. You dig? But I did manage to go talk to her. And she told me I should talk to Gitte or Robert at Musikcaféen. And they weren’t there. So I don’t know yet. But I left a note at Tina’s station, she’ll give it to Gitte and Robert. And if I’m lucky I might be put on the guest list for the Kashmir concert. I’ll cross my fingers.

I have to find out about it soon though, because if I can’t get on the guest list then I need to buy myself a ticket, and you never know how long tickets will be available yet. So I have to find out one of the next days.

That would be neat though. I should have remembered this before I bought the tickets for Tina Dickow’s show in November. That’s at Train too, I could have very probably gotten in for free as well. But that’s too late now. It’s not like I can’t afford the tickets anyway. I am after all the wealthiest man in Northern Europe.

I have pictures and videos, but no time to process them. Need to fix the old pictures in the blog too, after I changed the gallery. And I need to find out how to transfer my recordings. And I need to find out how to capture avi video properly with my tv card. And I need to learn how to use my camera properly. And I need to find out how my economy will work when I move out. Oh, did I mention that? I have been offered two appartments. I’m still only somewhere around 18-25 on the list for them. But I’m so high on the list that they’re now sending me letters when something becomes available. So it’s not completely unlikely that I might be moving out sometime in the near future. But yes, lots to do, lots to see. It’s hard being wealthy. Good thing money can buy love and affection. Otherwise I’d be screwed.

I love the end of the album. And the end of Louise Louisa.

I’m in a car
I don’t know where we are
headed for
Stay with me
don’t want to be
alone

May the sunlight follow you like puppies in love

No comments:

Post a Comment