Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tickets To Paradise

Guess what I have?

I have Mew tickets!

That’s right, baby. Mew tickets for Friday the 14th (phew, close one). Ten days from now. And I am well excited. As you might have guessed if you read the big Mew entry a little downwards. I am head over heels for their new record. You oughta do yourself a favour and pick it up. If you only buy one Danish album in your life then Mew And The Glasshanded Kites should be it.

No, wait. If you only buy one Danish record then it should be Tina Dickow. Because she’s special. But if you’re going to buy a lot of Danish records then Mew And The Glasshanded Kites should definitely be one of them. In my humble opinion it is a masterpiece. How’s that for humility?

My favourite line is this: “Why did you.. not include.. me?”. It doesn’t read so well, but imagine it with a frail, almost feminine voice and piano. From White Lips Kissed. Just one of the many pearls on the necklace that is Mew And The Glasshanded Kites.

That was “Mew And The Glasshanded Kites”.

And in a fortnight I’ll be rocking out to them in live person. It will be my fifth concert, my second with Mew. And this time I’m staying for Comforting Sounds, you better believe it.

Oh brother. My gallery is fuxed up. It’s all in shambles. I guess I’ll have to start working on that. So no time to upload new pictures tonight. Too bad for you, because I have incredible cuteness in store. But you’ll see, soon enough. This entry is hereby aborted.

No comments:

Post a Comment