Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006: Year of the Cat

I just had the best start to the year. You won’t believe it.

Actually, it didn’t start off perfectly. I woke up feeling tired and sore and aching. It’s not fair to wake up like that when you HAVEN’T partied wildly the night before. But okay. I got up and spent a little time on the computer and had a little to eat. And then I went back to bed to sleep some more. And when I woke up again, that’s when the good stuff happened.

There was a cat in my room. Yes, you might remember that this happened to me a little while ago too. That was in the middle of the night and the cat left quickly. I think it might have been the same cat today. I’m not 100% sure, but I think so. Anyway, I woke up and felt something on my bed. And because it was the middle of the day (practically) I could make out the shape of a cat. So I slowly reached out to get my glasses. Didn’t want to spook the kitty.

And with my glasses on I could see, in the foot end of my bed, a beautiful kitty cat. As if nature’s way of saying “2006 is going to be a good year, we’re rooting for you Plume”.

a  cat in my bed

What a wonderful thing. And I didn’t have to worry about spooking it. It made itself nicely at home in my room.

here  kitty kitty

And I could cuddle it good.

cuddle the cat

So good.

pet the kitty

Oh what a sweetie. Is there anything better than a cat sleeping on your bed?

cat  nap

Well, I don’t know if it was actually sleeping. But it curled up and I sat there and watched its breathing. It made me want to lie down and sleep next to it.

It purred when I scratched it behind its ears. It even let me lift it up in my arms. Several times. I don’t know how to hold a cat, I probably did it all wrong. But it didn’t mind.

My mother walked through the hallway to go to the bathroom, the floor creaking outside my door. The kitty ran to the door and sat down and looked expectedly up at the handle.

cat at the door

Like it was waiting for someone. Maybe its real owner? I mean, it must be someone’s cat. It was so tame and well-behaved. Also, it had a spot on its shoulder (sort of) where the fur had been shaved away. Like from an operation. Wasn’t a big spot, and I couldn’t see a real surgical scar, but there was a little, slowly healing, wound there. So it can’t be a stray, right? Strays don’t get taken to the hospital and then released again out on their own. I imagine.

And I’m not allowed to have cats here. Agh. I wanted so badly to keep it. It looked like it wanted to stay. I didn’t want it to think that it had found a new home, but I couldn’t help giving it some water.

cat tongue

Look at the tongue! It actually licked my hand. I have never had a cat lick my hand before. What a funny, rough, sweet feeling.

I loved it… but I couldn’t let it stay, right? It must have a real home somewhere.

looking out the window

Out in the snow. It jumped out, and standing under my window it looked up at me and mewed softly. And started getting in position to jump back up through my window. So I closed my window a bit, so there wouldn’t be space for it to come in. And it walked away, slowly. Jumped over the fence. And I’m such a bad person, I must be made of stone. How could I let that poor kitty go? I want my kitty back. It acted like it was mine, I should have let it stay. I could have just kept it, who would have found out? It’s not like they inspect our houses. I am evil. I miss it :/

I spent 30-45 minutes with it in my room. It was like having a cat. It was like my cat. It purred and let me hold it and cuddle it, it curled up and slept in my bed. It was like my cat. I would have loved it forever, why did I let it go?

Maybe it was the same cat that came into my room that night. Maybe it doesn’t have a real home. Maybe it was abandoned or lost. Maybe I sent it out to be alone in the winter. I am bad bad bad.

But it was beautiful. Yes. I need my own cat soon. Must move out. Ignore the fear of taking care of myself. So what if I can’t make it on my own, at least I’ll have a cat while not making it. That will be worth it. Gotta look for houses. Must have kitty.

I miss it. I wish I wasn’t so stupid.

But what a start to the year anyway. Amazing kitty cat.

PS. Ignore the mess in my room. I’m moving out soon, then the bulldozers will move in.

2 Responses to “2006: Year of the Cat”

  1. Katherine Says:

    Maybe this is one of those cats who has a primary home and then visits other houses. It’s kind of neat actually, especially since you can’t have a cat there all the time. But there’s nothing to prevent having a visiting cat. I’m sure he or she will come back again, now that he or she knows he or she is welcome.

  2. Milla Says:

    Pretty kitty :) I was once sitting with my friend in the church yard at night and a white kitty appeared out of nowhere and jumped in my lap. It was a very nice cat, didn’t look stray at all. So while we were talking it made itself comfortable and slept a little while. I also practically fell in love with it, but I knew it had a real home. So when it was time to go, she looked at me for the last time and then went away. So sweet when an animal shows you so much unexpected attention and love. A wonderful feeling :)))
    Yeap, I agree with the others, if there were two visits, the third is somewhere around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment