Monday, January 02, 2006

Lost And Found, Almost

Oh you’re not going to believe this. I’m sick. Yes, yes, that part you can believe. But I dragged myself out to do a little shopping in Aktiv Super. And what did I see on their notice board? A missing cat poster. Yup. You guessed it. The little sweetheart from yesterday does belong to someone. But it’s lost. And I could kick myself. I could kick myself so much. I’m so stupid.

Her name is Lilleput. She’s 10 years old. She’s a shy cat, the poster said. Belongs to “Haveforeningen Moselund”. I’m not sure how to translate Haveforening. Tenant’s association? Anyway, doesn’t matter. It’s not a family at least, it’s a group or union or whatever. But in any case, I had their cat in my house for almost an hour and I let it go. Kick kick kick myself. It’s been lost since October 28th. Oh no. Two months it’s been gone. I’m such a moron moron moron.

There’s even a reward. 2500 kroners. Almost 400 dollars. That’s a lotta money. Although I wouldn’t feel right taking it since I’m not the one who found the cat, the cat found me.

Agh.

I went out just now and looked. I spent 15 minutes tracking a cat until I could tell that it wasn’t Lilleput. Eventually I had to go back inside, it’s freezing and I’m sick. But I’ll keep looking. And really, really hope that she comes back to my window.

Now I gotta go write them an email and tell them that I had their cat but let it go. I hope they won’t be angry with me. But I have to tell them that their cat is alive and seemingly healthy, right? That’s good news at least. Sigh. I owe them a cat, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment