Thursday, August 18, 2005

Golden Globes?

Bad news for me. I didn’t get my ticket for the Tina Dickow homecoming Trax concert. I went to Kvickly today. And it was sold out.

Great. Just great. You will remember of course that the first time I tried to buy them I was told that the guy who was supposed to get them their tickets hadn’t shown up. So whoever that guy is he probably cost me the concert. If he had gotten them the tickets when he was supposed to then I most likely would’ve gotten one. Bummer.

All hope is not lost though. I posted on Tina’s forum about it and I got a mail from a girl whose friend might have an extra ticket. So cross your fingers for me.

It would suck if I missed it. I have been looking forward to this. Homecoming. “Our” neighbourhood.

I was so disappointed that I drank half a litre of tropical fresh juice while waiting for the bus. That took 5 minutes. 20 minutes more to wait for the bus. So I decide to go into the Red Cross store and look. I spend 1 minute too much in there and miss the bus. So now I have to wait another 30 minutes in the blistering sun. Just great.

Wasn’t all bad though. Walked around downtown.

Summer in the city.

050818_fountain.jpg

People looking pretty.

050818_citypeople.jpg

Drop it like it’s hot.

050818_meltedice.jpg

Don’t let the icecream go to waste.

050818_cornetto.jpg

I only wish that wasn’t a model. They should make icecreams that big. That would rule.

050818_bench.jpg

I miss my new camera. Last week they told me it would be ready this week. It’s almost two months now. If it’s not done tomorrow then I’ll have to go by the store and bang on the table or something. I demand satisfaction.

There’s a big change coming at work. Poul Erik will be stopping at the end of the month. He’s the grand old man. He’s been at Kultursats for years. It will be strange to see him go. I’m going to be the grand old man when he’s gone. I’ll be the guy who has been there the longest. And I still feel like a rookie. Odd.

Sanne asked me to take a group picture. We’ll put it on a mug and give it to him when he leaves. It was kind of funny. It has to be a surprise. So I had to pretend like I wanted to take the picture for myself. That’s not so unusual, I often take pictures. But it’s still kind of odd to have to “act”. Both Sanne and Anders knew why we were taking the picture, but I had to be all “Hey can you guys come outside with me so I can take a picture?” and they have to be all like “Oh sure Lasse, we can do that if you want to”. We will not be winning Academy Awards. I don’t know if Poul Erik suspected anything though. Hopefully he doesn’t read my blog haha. Here are the results by the way:

050817_gyngenteam1.jpg

We tried to get Poul Erik sort of in the middle. Without being obvious about it. Sanne: “You’re the tallest Poul Erik, you have to sit down in the middle”. Hmm, yes.

Anders and Poul Erik sitting on the front row. Sanne and I on top.

050817_gyngenteam2.jpg

I don’t look that abnormal do I? I could almost pass for one of the guys.

I can always pass for one of the guys with Mads, no matter how freaky I look.

050818_madsme.jpg

Haha.

In other news: The Psycho video has leaked! It’s a Smashing Pumpkins video. “25 Songs O Pumpkins”. Wow. I don’t usually like videos, because I listen to music at the computer while doing other things. Videos you have to pause everything you’re doing and watch them. I prefer just listening to the music. But this thing is pretty special.

1 I’m Free (Live 89 @ unknown Metro show #1)
2 She (Live 88 @ unknown club)
3 Geraldo interviewing Charles Manson
4 The Crystal Ship (Live 89 @ unknown Metro show #2)
5 Sun (Live 89 @ unknown Metro show #2)
6 Spiteface (Live 89 @ unknown Metro show #2)
7 Venus In Furs (Live 89 @ unknown Metro show #3)
8 Billy & Bob English in the crowd @ Geraldo’s show
9 My Dahlia (89 rehearsal)
10 My Eternity (1988.11.19 on The Pulse)
11 Rhinoceros (Live 90 @ unknown club)
12 East (Live 90 @ unknown club)
13 I Am One (Live 90 @ unknown club)
14 I Am My End (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
15 Rhinoceros (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
16 Ball And Chain (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
17 Bury Me (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
18 Try To Try (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
19 Jennifer Ever (88 soundcheck)
20 There It Goes (88 soundcheck)
21 Oui Henri (Live 88 @ unknown club) *cut after 20 seconds*
22 Nothing And Everything (Live 88 @ unknown club)
23 Salt (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
24 Lie I Lie (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
25 Razor (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
26 Love (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
27 C’mon (Live 1989.10.31 @ Metro)
28 The Marked – Scary Neurotic Song (Promo video)
29 The Marked – The Trance (Promo video)
30 Geraldo interviewing unknown serial killer “Joe”

Charles Manson reminded me of Gerrard (I think) from Twin Peaks. But anyway, look at that. It’s rather amazing seeing the Smashing Pumpkins performing back in the late 80s, before they were stars. Lots of old and unreleased songs. I haven’t watched the whole thing yet. I can’t wait for the Marked videos! Sweet stuff. Imagine the one musical artist that you love the most, and then imagine getting videos of their very earliest and rarest performances. Imagine being a fan of Magic Johnson and then getting a video of him shooting hoops at 13. Imagine being a fan of Shakespeare and then getting a video of him writing a school essay.

Hey, as long as we’re imagining things then we might as well go for broke.

In yet other news: A couple of days ago I tuned into CNN and there was a big hubbub over some new virus. I got almost scared. If CNN were doing major coverage… Boy, it must be some fantastic virus? I practically ran to my computer to turn it off so I wouldn’t get hit. I decided to go to CNN’s website and read what it was actually about first, though. And as far as I understand it’s a virus that hits Windows 2000 machines. And the vulnerability has been addressed by Microsoft. So… only unpatched Windows 2000 machines are at risk? It must have been a slow news day on CNN. Or maybe all their machines are just running unpatched Windows 2000 systems eh?

And now, adieu!

2 Responses to “Golden Globes?”

  1. Grant Says:

    if they made life size ice creams lifesize like that, as great as it’d be at first, I’d definetly get sick I think. BTW, like your glasses.

  2. Katherine Says:

    love the photo of you and mads! it’s like he’s all in the camera’s face. excuse no caps,,,am eating ice cream as i type.

No comments:

Post a Comment