Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stop Asking That

I’m back. Back on top of the world. Or at least out of depression again. It’s been a pretty good week so far. No sadness.

Skye theorized that maybe I was feeling sad because my parents were gone for 3 days. I’m a different person, being alone doesn’t make me happy any more? Maybe it’s true. I still really like the quiet. But being all alone, maybe that’s not the thing for me anymore.

My dad left early this morning. Back to Greenland. I probably won’t see him again until christmas. Now the house will be quiet again at least.

Things have been going well at work too. We’re a bit late with some things, but that just means there’s plenty to do. And I have been feeling less tired. Good to have stuff to keep you occupied.

We have a new guy. Anders. Of course I don’t really know him yet. It takes a long time for me to get comfortable around people. But so far he seems quite nice. And I feel more comfortable around him than I have with some of our other recent staff people. So that’s good. I helped him with the printer on his first day. And when I came in (a little late) today he noticed the book I had lying on my computer. “So you’re the one reading Poe?” he asked. Yes. Turns out he recently bought the same book. A different edition, but the same collection of short stories. And he mentioned that there were movie versions. With Vincent Price. Nice. So yes, so far so good. Judging from his website he is quite smart too. So smart that it’s intimidating. My brain is.. not… well.

It’s late and I’m tired. Must finish entry semi-quickly.

I have had good times at the playground.

050729_mathildefed1

050729_mathildefed2

With the goats.

050801_magnetheblack

And with the beautiful puppies.

050802_bailey1

050802_baileybongi_th

050802_bongi

I love them a lot. It seems Bongo is called Bongi. I’m not sure that’s the right spelling either. Bailey is my favourite though. Of course. When I look at him I see Skye’s dog, Sascha.

050802_bailey2

And so pretty he is.

050802_baileyfed

The goats are still not too keen though. But I am.

Also I have been having a lot of fun with the kids. Very good times in fact. My camera is a big hit. Everyone wants to borrow it. So I go around and help them take pictures.

050802_cameraboy

That boy was hogging the camera. He took pictures of EVERYTHING. Every time I said “now it’s someone else’s turn” he’d go “no no, just one more” and then he’d run off and take a bunch of new pictures. He actually filled up the entire memory card. I had to delete pictures so there’d be room for the other kids to have a go.

050802_girlsbunny

Ebony and ivory. The playground is right in one of the “troubled” areas. Lots of 2nd generation immigrants and low-status families. It’s great to see kids of all kinds of colours playing together. Having fun with the animals. We are more alike than different, that’s a lesson lots of grownups could need.

And I am welcomed too, even if I am slightly weird. I feel appreciated. One of the girls said I was “a nice man”. Aw. And a girl I hadn’t even talked to before asked me if I was going to come to the circus. Yes, there’s a circus tent on the field next to the playground now. They will open up on Friday. I’ll see if I can go, I don’t know the details yet. I haven’t been to the circus since I was… I don’t know, a little bittle kid.

050802_boybunny1

050802_boybunny2

I wish I had been around animals when I was a kid.

I spent a bunch of time with this here girl:

050803_girl1

She was taking pictures. And walking with me. Talking with me.

She wanted to get into the bunny fold to take pictures, I had to lift her over the fence. She said I was strong. Hehe. I feel like a superhero. Superplume.

People are nice to me. It’s still such a wonderful feeling. It may just be little things. Like the adults smiling at me when the kids run around me. Or people complimenting me on how much the goats love me. Little tiny things. But it’s so enormously different from what I’m used to. From my isolation and loneliness. From my fears and anxieties. Tiny little happy moments, they make life so much better. Easier.

050803_girl2

That girl really liked me a lot. She asked where I lived, and if she could come visit me. Aw. She also asked if I had candy at home. Haha. I’m not sure it’s a good idea for me to invite little girls from the playground home to my place for candy, though. Maybe I should start bringing candy to the playground. Candy to the kids, apples for the goats. I’ll buy love yet!

Nah, just joshing. My left arm is bruised by the way. And my left side hurting. Why? Because I brought apples for Magnethe. And she started ramming into my side. Repeatedly. It just makes me laugh out loud, it’s so cute. And then I can’t resist giving her some apple. And the lesson she learns is “if I push him around he’ll give me apples”. It’s worth the bruises though. I feel honoured that she’s comfortable enough with me to do that. She’s still a shy goat. My special girl.

I can never ever do quick entries, can I? But must go now. Need sleep. Brain shutting down in 3 .. 2 .. 1
Bzzzzzzzt

No comments:

Post a Comment