Saturday, August 06, 2005

Nobody Can Set You Free

It’s been a nice day today. I have done nothing important. But that’s okay. I enjoy the un-important things.

Life isn’t really important when you think about it. There is no goal to reach, no set standard to live up to. People say you shouldn’t waste your life, well who are they to define what is a waste? There would be less war, hate and crime if we just chilled out.

I would like to thank the people that left positive messages about yesterday’s pictures. Thank you. It made me feel better. When I said I needed human friends I meant in real life. Because online I have some pretty darn good ones.

One of the sweet, litte unimportant things that I am enjoying is my Simpsons season 5 box. That’s good time-wasting. Only one little thing annoys me. Whenever I put in a disc I have to go through one of those anti-piracy commercials. “You wouldn’t steal a car, would you?”. That really bothers me. I have bought 5 seasons of Simpsons. That’s a fair bit of money I have spent. And there are like, what? 25 seasons? A fair bit of money still to spend in the future. For a TV show that’s 10 years old. For a TV show that I have on VHS. For a TV show that I could easily download illegally for nothing. And I still have to sit through that thing. I bet you that the pirated versions don’t have those warnings. The pirates will have ripped them out. So it’s only the people who actually pay for the DVDs that have to feel incriminated. How would the FOX executives like it if every time they opened their car door they had to listen to a recorded message saying “Killing people is illegal. Please don’t run over people in your car. You wouldn’t kill people with a shotgun would you? So don’t run over people. Killing is murder”. It annoys me. I paid for the damn thing, I don’t want to sit through a “piracy is illegal” thing every time I turn it on. Do they think it’s going to stop any pirates? Go to ANY bittorrent site and I guarantee you can get Simpsons for free. And this thing really makes me want to just download season 6 when it comes out. It’s easy, it’s free and I won’t have to listen to anyone calling me a sinner. Except for my priest, but I don’t pay him so that’s okay.

Sorry. I got agitated.


It’s not important. It’s not important. It’s not important.

In other, more pleasant, news: Tina Dickow’s new CD went straight in as number one on the Danish charts. That’s really great. I have always seen her as more of an “artistic success” than a “commercial success”. I would like to live in a world where artistic succes always translated into commercial success too. Fat chance, though. Crazy Frog more likely.

In The Red is great though. Most of the reviews have been quite good too. One of them even said that Tina is best female songwriter Denmark has ever had. Wow. That ain’t not bad.

And that was going to be my Tina Dickow bit for today. Just ranting a little about how great she is etcetera. But then. Then I got an email. From Tina Dickow. Isn’t that something. I subscribe to her mailing list so I’ll sometimes get mail “FROM: Tina Dickow”. But this one came in my yahoo box. So I was like “whaaaa!?”. More or less.

No, but seriously. It was a really nice mail. She complimented my blog, my writing. My english. She said she wished she could write like that. That’s coming from the best ever Danish female songwriter! Haha. Crazy. When I learn to play my guitar then I will wish I could write songs like hers. Just goes to show how incredibly sweet she is.

And I gotta get tickets for November.

So I am all happy now. The mail almost go me crying, but in a good way. It still amazes me when people say positive things about me. It makes me happy, it makes me hope I can be something good. Something worthwhile. You guys, all you guys, make me feel that.

I was just telling Skye, apart from those 2-3 days last week I have barely been depressed the last 6-7 months. I am able to appreciate so many things. To actually feel happiness. It’s like everything is turned upside down. It used to be that I was sad always and that happiness came in little fleeting moments. Now I am if not happy, then at least okay. And depression comes only in little fleeting thoughts.

Happiness
More or less
It’s just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my, my

Cause I’m a lucky man.

One Response to “Nobody Can Set You Free”

  1. larry brown is a skank Says:

    i have simpsons season 1 borrowed from a boy but then i got mad at him for stuff and so have been holding it hostage. it’s so creepy, everybody look weird in a shabby run-down kinda way, and i think the voice for burns or some other guy is this freakshow deep voice, wtf, ew, homer look scary and retarded, and bart isn’t sexy at all. boohoo. where do you find the money to buy all that. if i had that much, i’d buy a ton of food with it, and maybe some pants, in preparation for becoming really fat after i eat all that food, because i am wise and have great foresight.

No comments:

Post a Comment