Thursday, July 21, 2005

On The Road Again

A nice day today. I got up fairly early and went and got my hair cut.

You know you’re lonely when having a girl cut your hair is the closest thing you’ve had to physical contact in 6 months.

Hey, she was like stroking my hair. That’s intimate.

After that I went to the playground. It was raining, so the goats were standing under a roof. I sat down on some wooden boards and had my fun with them.

A little later on three girls came to see the horses in their stables. I noticed they were looking over at me several times. I didn’t think that was odd. After all I am not unappreciative of the fact that a grown man sitting with three goats is sort of… not normal.

A little more later on they came over to me. And we talked for a bit. They asked me if it didn’t hurt when Mads was ramming his horns into me. I told them it didn’t. Mathilde does it too. If she thinks I have apples in my pocket then she’ll start ramming into my side, pushing me almost. I’m not sure if her tactic is “If I push really hard here then some apple slices are bound to fall out”. Or if it’s “If I push really hard here then he’ll think I’m the cutest thing ever and he’ll give me apple slices”. In any case it works, it just makes me giggle. And if I have apples then she gets them. Clever girl.

Anyway, it was nice talking to the girls. Mads was being very in-your-face. Something like this. He’ll rub his head up and down, even try to lick my face. The girls loved that. “Oooh he’s being all cuddly”. “Heehee he’s kissing you”. Sweet. Eventually two of the girls left, the last girl was the one most interested in the goats. She sat down with me for a while.

Socializing can be nice.

I’m going to have to do some of it tomorrow. It’s my mother’s 50th birthday. We weren’t actually going to do anything special. But then we almost had a family feud with her brother and his family. And long story short, now they’re coming tomorrow. They’ll all be going out to dinner. I’m not going to go. But they will be at our house too so it’s not like I’m completely avoiding it. There will be 5-6 people that I haven’t seen for years. That will be a lot for me already. Also, I’m most likely going to go see FC Barcelona train at Atletion stadium. Unless I’m too tired or the weather is too horrible. But I’ll probably go, so that will be a big day with lots to deal with.

Usually we don’t make a big deal out of the presents. Normally my mother would just buy something for herself and I’d reimburse. Sweet eh? This year I’m making the presents myself. I’m making her two CDs. Willie Nelson live concerts. She likes Willie a lot. I don’t know how much she’ll like the live shows, she’s not into live music the way I am. But she will listen to live music if the quality is good enough. So I hope she’ll like the CDs. It’s the thought that counts anyway. It’s been fun to make the CD covers. I think they turned out pretty brilliantly. Only problem is that our printer is out of ink. My dad has said that he’ll go buy some printer ink tomorrow morning, so I can print them out while they all go out and celebrate. Hopefully it won’t look too bad when printed.

I feel like I’m 8 years old. “Look mum I made you something!”. Homemade presents are always the best. Right?

On another note, I got a comment from an old classmate on my “google search” entry. Sureka. The supermodel. She google-searched her own name and found my entry about google-searching. Fun. She’s studying film in South Africa. Hasn’t been back in Denmark in 4 years. Wow. But that was kind of what I was hoping for with that entry too, getting in touch with old classmates. Fascinating.

Now if only I knew who it was that found my blog by searching for Stefan’s name…

Finally we shall finish with pictures from yesterday. Don’t forget I’d still like comments on the gallery.

050720_mathilde

Mathilde is a sweet girl. She isn’t all innocent though. She will sometimes have a go at the sheeps. So you know you’re in trouble when this happens:

050720_mathildewhite

She got caught up in White’s leash. And couldn’t get away. I managed to separate them before they got in a big tangle though.

Magnethe is starting to be more confident around Mads. Yesterday she even faced him when he tried to ram her. Instead of running away.

050720_magnethemads1

050720_magnethemads2

050720_magnethemads3

050720_magnethemads4

Look at my brave little girl. She was doing the “jump up high to intimidate the opponent” thing too. Must have learned it from Mathilde.

But chiefly she is still a cutie par excellence.

050720_magnetheroll

I love it when they get down and roll around and sort of press themselves into the ground like they’re trying to dig themselves down. They know how to get comfy.

And that’s the end of that episode.

One Response to “On The Road Again”

  1. Lindsay Says:

    I

No comments:

Post a Comment