Monday, July 25, 2005

Tina And The Cheshire Cat

I am so tired. And so happy. I don’t know which feeling is strongest.

I am tired, of course, because the vacation is over. The morning wasn’t too bad actually. But once I got to work I slowly got more and more tired. Everything went fine though. Just have to get into the rythm again

That’s why I’m tired. Now you may think I’m happy because I met Tina Dickow again. And I am. But something really nice happened before that.

In fact it happened right as I walked out my front door to go the autograph session.

A cat was outside.

050725_cat1

Aw pretty kitty. I thought it was one of the jedi kitties. They’re not really tame so they always run away. But this one didn’t run. I walked up to it and started cuddling it.

050725_cat3

What a sweet, sweet kitty it was. When I nuzzled its head it would go up on its legs and reach for me.

050725_cat2

Hehe. It was quite playful. A butterfly came kamikazing by and the cat jumped straight up in the air and tried to catch it. Missed though. Then it started eyeing our bathroom window. I don’t know if it would be able to jump that high, but I closed the window anyway. Didn’t want it to jump in there and fall in our toilet or something.

It almost made me miss my bus. I wanted to stay and play with it. I had to be strong and go, though.

050725_cat4

Kitty wanted to follow me. I just wanted to go back and cuddle it forever.

But I managed to tear myself away and went downtown. In good time for the signing session. Did some errands. Bought her new CD. In The Red. Still had time to waste. So I walked around downtown for a while. And then back to Stereo Studio. Looked at computer games. Until she came. I saw her from behind first and thought “Hmm that kinda looks like Tina”. And then she turned around. And it was Tina. And she saw me. And smiled and sort of half raised her hand and said hi. Aw. She’s so sweet. I said hi back. And smiled, a lot.

There was still 10-15 minutes to the signing session was going to start. So I mulled around and pretended to look at CDs and games. While people started coming in. As the time approached suddenly Tina came walking right by me. And again she smiled and said hi. She sat down at a table and a line started forming. I was 7-8th in line I think. Gave me the opportunity to take a few pictures. And a couple of videos. Damn it that my new camera is still out for repairs. I would have loved some high-quality vids with audio. But oh well.

Didn’t take long before it was my turn. I asked her if she would sign our old schooltimer. From 1994. I think she was quite surprised and amused at that. She was studying it very close. Smiling. She’s always smiling though. Such a pretty smile she has.

There was a woman standing next to Tina. With a pad and pen. Scribbling things. Must have been a journalist of some kind. Tina told her that it was our old class photo. And the woman said “Oh you went to school together?”. Tina said “yes for a little while” while I said “yeah for a year or so”. And the woman said “oh how fun”. Good times.

And then I had Tina sign my copy of the new album. I almost felt bad for getting two autographs. I was hogging the Tina.

I said congratulations on the new album. And she said “take care until we see each other again”. Aw. I can’t believe how nice Tina is. Well, of course I can. Exactly how I remember her. And it means a lot to me that she remembers me and that she’s nice to me. It’s good for my confidence too. She’s a big star. By Danish standards at least. And she’s had a song on Tru Calling. And toured with Zero 7. Been on Kimmel. She’s a somebody. I’m not going to say I’m a complete nobody. But with my self esteem, that’s how I feel of course. A lowlife nobody. And the fact that she’s actually nice to me, that makes me feel good. My natural instincts would have me believe that she would rather say something like “That weirdo? Nope, I don’t know him. Never seen him before. He must be some crazy stalker. I would never associate with freaks like that”.

I have a vivid imagination.

I almost bought her a rose by the way. When I was walking around, wasting time. There was a guy selling flowers. And I thought about it. I wasn’t sure if it would be a “Hi I’m a crazy stalker” thing or if it would be a nice gesture. I came to the conclusion that it was somewhere in the middle. Maybe not a crazy stalker thing, but still a little weird. Maybe next time.

I didn’t get my picture taken with her either. Much too nervous. And again, I don’t want to cross the stalker line. Yet…

But it was great seeing her. She has been a positive influence in my life. From our schooldays where she was one of the nicest people I knew. To my present, where she was the first concert I went to and re-affirmed the positive image.

Sorry, Skye told me not to go all fanboy hah. Let’s finish off with the pictures. I should have stayed longer and taken more. But that damn Stereo Studio is a sucky place to take pictures. Just like the Utah gig. Anyway, here goes.

050725_tinadickow1_th.jpg

050725_tinadickow2

050725_tinadickow3

050725_tinadickow4

050725_tinadickow5

050725_tinadickow6

She’s much prettier in real life. I am not worthy.

On my way home I bought a Dr Pepper. Never tried that before. What an odd flavour. What is that, cinnamon? I can’t place it. I wish I could have some Mountain Dew. That has the best name ever.

Aaand that’s it.

3 Responses to “Tina And The Cheshire Cat”

  1. Katherine Says:

    Scandinavian people seem to be universally beautiful.

    That little kitty, btw, reminds me of the Mutts orange one…the one who lived at the Shelter but got adopted.

  2. Julie Says:

    It’s prune juice. Yummy Dr. Pepper.

  3. Plume » Blog Archive » I Owe You Says:

    [...] won’t bore you with I suddenly saw this picture in my photoalbum: Moomincat. From an entry written on July 25th last year. I met him outside my house when I went to Tina Dickow’s autograph sessi [...]

No comments:

Post a Comment