Friday, June 03, 2005

Ever In Motion

I have had a good day today. Good times at the playground. Although I wish the sun would come back. It’s not fun to stand or sit around in the wet grass for long periods of time. The flu, my friend.

050602_mads.jpg

Still, at least I can go home and dry off. The goats have to stay out all day. I know they don’t like rain too much.

Typical Danish summer. The sun is out for a day or two and hormones are raging. And then the rain comes and gray days. I’m not a fan of heat. I am especially not a fan of dense, heavy, wet heat. When the air is so thick that you feel like you have to get out a fork and knife to cut it into digestible chunks.

My prefered weather (in the summer at least) would be beautiful sunshine with fresh breezes. And then cold nights. That’s the way I would want it.

Everybody is talking about the weather, but no one is doing anything about it.

050603_mathilde1.jpg

050603_mathilde2.jpg

My beautiful Mathilde. I love when she gets all close to me and sniffs at my head. When she jumps up with her legs on me. When she digs her nose and mouth into my pocket to get at the bread. I love how close she gets to me, my shy little girl.

There is a video on this page of her trying to get into my pocket. It’s so sweet. She’s not afraid of me at all.

More videos uploaded. Mads on this page. Getting up on two legs to eat from the branches. It really is remarkable how long he can stay upright without support.

Remember how I have talked about the lambs and their baahing? How Black is very loud and penetrating, while White sounds like a teenager whose voice is cracking. Well I got a video of it finally. On this page. It’s good fun. Not perfect though. They have grown, and their voices are a little less funny now. But I think you can still hear the difference. So check that out if you want to hear comedy gold.

If you just want insane cuteness then check out Magnethe on this page. She’s getting carrot. And slipping out little baahs as she chews. Also eating at my hand when I was hiding a piece of carrot inside it. Mathilde does that too. They can sense the food in there and they start gnawning and licking to get it out. It’s fun. Magnethe was chewing on my thumb too. Her jaws aren’t powerful enough to do any real damage, so it’s kinda funny to let her chew at me. I have bitemarks now though. But worth it.

That’s all the videos for now. And all from the playground. It’s getting very late. I’m running out of time.

I went to a parade today! A Hans Christian Andersen parade. I had a great time. Facing fears, fabulous fun. But I’m going to have to tell you all about that tomorrow. With more pictures and videos. I bet you’re looking forward to that!

Thank you, Anne.

Oh, and Dylan, doll-face, if you want to leave private comments then use the guestbook. It’s still operational. There’s a link to it somewhere in the mess on the right of my blog.

http://plume.dk/blog/?p=47

No comments:

Post a Comment