Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Now Presenting

The best thing happened today. I was invited to an animal show at the playground. Not as a spectactor. No, as a participant! They want me to present Magnethe!

Presenting Magnethe.

050621_magnethe.jpg

I love her. She is the cutest, cutest thing. And I am all amazed that they want me to do it. Kurt asked me. I was up there after work today. And he asked me if I was planning on stopping by tomorrow. I said I probably would, yes. And then he told me about their animal show. It’s not going to be anything huge. Just a little one, on the field next to their club house. And apparently they had been talking about who was going to be presenting the goats… and they agreed that even though strictly speaking I wasn’t a kid it still HAD to be me. Awww. That’s so sweet. It had to be me. So I get to present Magnethe.

I have no idea what that actually involves. Hah. I was just told to show up at 2, latest. I assume I’ll have to walk with her. In front of a crowd. Won’t be a big crowd, but still scary. It didn’t take me long to say yes though. I love Magnethe, I love the animals. It’ll be great to be a part of it. And it will be good social training.

It makes me happy. That they think I’m the right one to do it. Because of how close I am to the goats. Makes me feel special.

I hope it will go okay.

Some kids were trying to train with Mads for tomorrow.

050621_madsdrag1.jpg

050621_madsdrag2.jpg

050621_madsdrag3.jpg

Haha. Obviously Mads is way too independent to allow himself to be dragged around like that. Even with a nice branch full of juicy leaves in front of him, he was still resisting. And the more they pulled on the leash, the more he pulled back.

Kurt said it was amazing how Magnethe always follows me around when I come to the playground. I hope she will follow me tomorrow. I don’t want to make a fool out of myself. Oh well, three goats, three sheep, two horses. And various little critters. It’s not a huge show. I think it will be fun.

050621_kurthorse.jpg

Kurt with one of the horses.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I’m taking my new camera back to the shop too. I guess they’ll send it off for reparations. And then it will be weeks before I get it back. Darnit. But at least my old one still works ok.

Oh yes, I was supposed to tell the Swan Lee concert story. I will condense it down a little. My fourth ever concert. The traffic was bad. I’m not sure if it was just general busy Friday evening traffic. Or if it had something to do with all the people celebrating their graduation. Lots of student caps around. It was worst on the way home. The bus stood still for 15 minutes because the driver couldn’t get the back door shut. The bus was so crowded. And when we finally got going then we had to drive straight to the central station without making any stops. Luckily that was where I was going anyway. And I handled the crowded bus okay. No worries.

The show went fine too. I got there in good time. Picked a place at the edge of a hedge. People started filling on both sides of the hedge. Hopefully at one of my next concerts I’ll be able to get a place up front. That would be nice.

Swan Lee were good. Not quite as good as my first shows. I haven’t been a big fan of Swan Lee previously, I had only heard their singles. So it was new material for me. I always like songs better when I have had the chance to get to know them, listen to them for a while. But the band did well. Pernille Rosendahl is a great lead singer. Great crowd interaction. And she’s beautiful. Is there anything hotter than a female lead singer in rock band? Well, maybe there is. But it’s pretty dang hot anyway.

They did a cover of Enter Sandman. That was interesting. With female vocals. Not quite aggressive enough I think, but interesting yes. And all in all it was a good show. Good music, good times. And I am incredibly happy that I am now a concert-goer. It’s a big step I have taken.

I have to say that I’m a little proud of myself. Lately I have been facing my fears, working on my problems. Saying yes to the animal show, going to receptions, concerts, parades, movies. Out and about. I have a very avoidant personality but I think I have gotten a lot better at “making” myself do hard things. Instead of shying away from them I now face them. And for the better. Life is better.

I think I deserve some vacation too. Three days! Then it’s vacation. Oh sweet McGuffin, it’s going to be lovely.

Tick-tock, counting down.

… and to my surprise I found what I was looking for. I found that my heart is in Chicago, and that my heart is in The Smashing Pumpkins.

Man. Embrace the future of the Smashing Pumpkins. Thanks for the PDF, Chris.

One Response to “Now Presenting”

  1. Lindsay Says:

    Pumpkins! And presenting pretty Miss Magnethe!

    And you’re right, you know. You deserve to more than a bit proud of yourself. You’ve come a long way, baby. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment