Saturday, June 18, 2005

Mellon Collie And The Infinite Gladness

It’s a sunny Saturday. Gorillaz are singing in the yard. I wish I had more ginger ale.

My personality is an addictive one, and I don’t mean that I’m a fascinating person.

I will write about the Swan Lee concert later today, or possibly tomorrow. But first there are just a few things to catch up with.

First of all there are good news from the playground. The goats have regained their freedom. They are no longer tied up. That’s very nice. They can walk all over the place again. Hopefully they have learned not to stray out on the roads now.

050617_mads.jpg

Mads surveying his kingdom. Just making sure nothing was messed up while he was indisposed.

Now that they’re lose they are free to come running to me when I arrive. That’s always nice. There’s nothing that makes you feel more appreciated than a goat raising its head, spotting you and letting out a little baah before it starts running to you.

It does make it harder to get some alone time with Mathilde and Magnethe, though. Because Mads always demands attention. If he sees me playing with Magnethe then he usually comes over to make sure no one is getting treats without his knowledge.

The lambs are still tied though.

050617_black.jpg

And Black is still baaahing about it. Loud as ever. Although the other day he was all hoarse. From all the baahing I assume. It was the most pathetic, little adoring sound. Trying to muster up his voice. He ended up sounding more like White, with the cracking voice.

There was some feuding going on too. I’m not sure what it was all about. Maybe the goats were just celebrating their newfound freedom by bullying the sheep.

050613_mathildevswhite.jpg

Mathilde was having it off with White.

050613_magnethevsblack.jpg

And would you look at that! Never seen that before. Magnethe takes after her mother, the same jumping confrontation style.

The lambs are much calmer, they don’t start any aggressions. It’s always the goats ramming into them. It’s the same with petting. When you pet the goats they are always moving around, seeing if you have food. The lambs just stand still and look at you with big, adorable eyes.

050613_girls.jpg

The girls posing again.

Loaned out my camera too. Resulting in more cute pictures.

050613_girlteddy.jpg

050613_girlteddyme.jpg

Haha. Typical Mads. I’m sitting on a bench there, and mads is on top of the bench.

And finally a little more Magnethe:

050613_magnethe.jpg

Obviously I’m still having loads of good times at the playground. I hope they won’t close down for the vacation.

In other Plume news…

My camera is broken. My new, wonderful camera. It won’t zoom back out. It’s stuck on the maximum zoom level. When I turn the zoom lever all it does is focus/unfocus. Darn it. I’ll have to take it back to the shop. Annoying. Luckily I still haven’t gotten around to selling the old one, so I’m not camera-less.

Joseph came by our house. If you know who Joseph is then you’re eligible for a degree in Plume Affairs. Joseph is my dad’s penpal from Ghana. He lived with us for a while when he first came to Europe. He’s living in Germany now. He stopped by to see my dad, but my dad is still in Greenland. So he left empty-handed. Later on in the evening he called us and asked if he could stay at our house for the night before he went back to Germany. We said no. You have to remember that in the last 10 years we have seen Joseph maybe 2 times. He’s my dad’s friend, my mother and I barely know him. Plus he had a friend with him. Letting two strangers spend the night, my mother and I agreed that we didn’t really feel comfortable with that.

I bought two Smashing Pumpkins shirts. I might have mentioned the Zero shirt? I also bought a Mellon Collie tour shirt. From David Mead, no less. Old-skool pumpkin guy. I wore the shirt to work and a guy named Jan remarked on it. Nice. Although he said things like “They don’t exist anymore, do they?” and “They only released like 3 albums right?”. Oh dear. But still. I love my pumpkins shirts. Even though they’re from 1995. Does that make me retro?

A new guy started in our office. Alex. He wears a scarf around his shaved head (a bandana?) and ear rings. On paper that sounds like he might be a pirate, but unfortunately I don’t think he is. If he ever comes to work with a parrot on his shoulder then I’ll know. Other than that he seems like a nice guy. Although he’s just a little too cool and hip and confident for my taste. There’s also the other new guy, Ronny. A little too many new people, I miss the old days. I have been at kultursats for what, 6 months? There’s only me and Knud Erik left, everyone else comes and goes.

Michael Jackson was acquitted. I want to make a joke about this, something about the fall of the berlin wall, Nelson Mandela, and letting pre-teen boys sleep in your bed. But I’m drawing up blanks.

I got a letter from my ISP. When I saw the envelope I was afraid it would be something like “George Lucas has asked that we sue your ass because you downloaded the Revenge of the Sith leet trailer. And he has a billion dollars, so we’re cutting your connection”. Instead, they decided to upgrade my connection. For no extra charge. I’m going from a 2048/512 to a 4096/768. Holy macaroni! That’s good internet. A 4mbit connection. Schweet. I love my ISP. Okay, they’re not doing it because they want to win the nobel price. They’re doing it because a lot of other ISPs are lowering their prices these days, and they don’t want me to leave. But still. I’ll be getting mega-fast intarweb and that ain’t not all bad.

There. I think that’s all the headlines. Stay tuned for Swan Lee.

http://plume.dk/blog/?p=63

No comments:

Post a Comment