Wednesday, June 01, 2005

SEX! (…And Other Things)

Not much has happened since my last update. I did manage to get my ticket to the Spot 11 festival. So that’s all set. June 10th/11th. I will finally get to go to my first concert.

It’s quite exciting. I love live music. I hope it will be everything I have dreamed of. Here is my plan:

Friday 19.25 Tina Dickow
Saturday 18.55 Peter Sommer
Saturday 22.55 Carpark North

Those are the three acts I definitely want to see. Assuming I can get in. I think Carpark North is the biggest name of the festival. I have a two-day ticket so I can go see all the shows I want but I’m not guaranteed that I can get in. And if it’s completely stuffed then I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle that. But we will see how it goes. I would really love to see Tina and Carpark North. And Maria recommends Peter Sommer. The one song of his that I have heard is quite good so that makes sense.

There are other acts that I’m considering. Funch. Julie (cause she’s hawt). Utah. Barra Head. Jacob Faurholt + Sweetie Pie Wilbur. But none of those are essential. I don’t really know them, but I might check them out. Depending on how well it all goes, how tired I am, and how the busses run. Do I want to go straight home after Tina plays on Friday? Or will I stay downtown and check out Funch or Julie? And on Saturday, what will I do between Peter Sommer and Carpark North? Peter plays at 18.55, Carpark North starts at 22.55. So do I go home there? Or do I check out Barra Head or Jacob Faurholt?

Questions, questions.

I wanted to see Moi Caprice too, but they clash with Carpark North so that’s not possible. I kinda wanted to see Kindra + the Kindred Spirits too. But that’s on Friday, before Tina’s show. And it might seem a little silly but I really want Tina Dickow to be my first concert ever. I went to school with her for a year, I have only fond memories of her. And I love her music. I want that to be my first concert. Since it can’t be Billy Corgan.

Speaking of Tina, you can see her perform a song on Jimmy Kimmel with Zero 7 if you go to her website and click on “News” and then “LINK TO PERFORMANCE ON “JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE”.

She’s getting good reviews on Amazon too.

I’m looking forward to seeing her!

Yesterday I ate my lunch in the restaurant at work. For the first time ever. I usually go get my glass of lemonade and then go back down to our office and eat at my computer. But I’m going to try eating in the restaurant sometimes. As social practice. It’s not easy, eating in public. Feeling so aware of everyone else. But after a while I managed to just concentrate on my Edgar Allan Poe book. Hopefully I will get more used to it. And then eventually I’m going to try eating up there with the others from my office. Sanne at least.

Did this. I’m getting the hang of making over-simplistic menus. We have talked about the possibilities of giving me some bigger assignments. I don’t know if I’m ready for that, but it’s not like I have anything to lose. Maybe if Billy comes to Denmark I can design a poster for him. Yup yup. I should contact him, get him to play at Kulturgyngen. It’s an initimate little place, perfect for a little solo perfomance. If only.

Why is Vin Diesel making a remake of Kindergarten Cop? What’s next, Governor of a sunshine state?

Good times at the playground too, of course. Yesterday it was raining. Poor wet animals.

050531_white.jpg

050531_magnethe.jpg

I biked the whole way from work to the playground. I didn’t think I could make that. It’s a huuuge uphill way. And it was raining and the wind was against me. But I made it. And when I got to the playground I didn’t even feel my aching legs, the goats made me forget all that.

Today the weather was a little better. And I spent even more time at the playground.

050601_mads.jpg

Mads always looks funny when he lies down. It looks like someone sawed off his legs. I was sitting with the goats when a kindergarten class came to see the animals. That was fun. They were running around, trying to get the courage to touch the animals. And then when they touched one they’d run away laughing and screaming “I touched it I touched it I touched it”.

050601_magnethe.jpg

And Magnethe was climbing all over me as usual. I really shouldn’t let her do that, my clothes get so dirty. But I can’t say no. A little laundry is a small price to pay for having so much fun with her.

Sitting there, I become like an animal guru. Everybody looks up to me and asks me why I’m not afraid of Mads, why Mathilde loves me so much. And so on. I feel almost admiration, respect. Those are feelings I am not used to. It feels good. It’s not like I’m anything special, anyone who would bring a little food and spend some time with the animals would get the same response that I get. But I guess there aren’t too many others who is willing to go there on a daily basis and just sit down with the goats. I am a little odd. But I don’t want to lose that. Even if I do make a normal life for myself, I still want to just go and be with the goats sometimes. They give me so much, I will never forget that.

050601_girls.jpg

Girls borrowed my camera again. Took this picture amongst others:

050601_boy.jpg

That’s quite nice isn’t it?

The lambs are getting bigger and bigger.

050601_mathildewhite1.jpg

Look, White is almost as big as Mathilde now.

050601_mathildewhite2.jpg

Mathilde will still try to ram them if they get too frisky. There’s a definite pecking order at the playground. Mads is at the top, although Mathilde has gotten a lot more confident and will actually challenge him sometimes. Mathilde is second. And then Magnethe and the lambs are at the bottom, sometime they will have little standoffs too, but they don’t have the power of the adults.

Mama Sheep obviously outranks the lambs. But she can’t take on Mathilde or Mads.

Complicated political and social structure eh?

White is really good at sneaking. Often when I’m sitting and having fun with Magnethe I’ll suddenly feel something on my shoulder. When I turn my head there is White. Snook up on me and just looking over my shoulder. Black is less interested in me. He seems to keep a little more to himself. He doesn’t want to eat from my hand. And I never see him getting in standoffs with Mathilde like White does. White is more willing to go in and get close to the goats and to people, in the search for food.

Am I boring you? I can’t help it, I love that place. I have updated the video section again. I don’t know if anyone was actually interested in hearing Mads and Mathilde, but surely you’ll want to hear Magnethe right? I have uploaded several videos where you can hear her baahing. It’s so adorable. You can see a scene of mother-daughter calling too. Where Mathilde is calling out, Magnethe calls back and then she starts running back to Mathilde, while still baahing. Sweet. When Magnethe was younger that happened a lot. Whenever Magnethe would get too far away they would start baahing out to find each other. Now Mathilde is usually tied up and Magnethe sometimes wanders around with the lambs and she’s big enough to take care of herself.

Anyway, enough already. Let me just mention that I have added plume.dk to clix. There’s a link on the right. I would appreciate if you voted once in a while. But don’t worry, I’m not going to start begging for it all the time. It’s not so important. Unless I win. Then it’s important!

Etcetera.

Hey, wouldn’t it be funny if your name was Etcetera? Every time you finished a letter it would go

Love, Etcetera.

Or something like that. Haha. Amusing.

Oops, I forgot about the sex. Oh well, maybe next time.

Please check out the videos. Thanks.

http://plume.dk/blog/?p=45

No comments:

Post a Comment