Monday, September 12, 2005

En Fjern Og Fin Musik

It’s been a good day today.

I started by calling work. Talked to Sanne. She’s real nice. I get the feeling she cares about me. That is a good feeling. So, I told her how the surgery had gone and how I was doing. And I thanked her for the book they sent to me. We had a nice little talk.

Then I called Signe, the therapist. I hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to her before I went to the hospital. So I needed to tell her what was going on. She was supportive too, of course. Said I sounded happy. Heh.

After all the phone fun I went for a walk. I left the house for the first time since the operation. Can you guess where I went?

I went to the playground of course. It’s a pretty short walk from here. And I missed the animals.

It was great to see them again.

thumb

thumb

thumb

I am sure you have missed the pictures too. I am sure.

I had to be a little careful. Couldn’t have them jumping all over me. Well, I couldn’t quite stop that of course. But I did manage to avoid getting myself hurt. And I’m glad they hadn’t forgotten me. They came baahing as soon as they spotted me. Little sweethearts.

It was okay to walk outside. Felt strange to not worry about my chest. Also felt strange to have that tight vest thing on. It’s all new and strange sensations. I am still a little sore, still hurt a little at times. Still don’t sleep completely easy at night.

Got my Lost DVD set today. Sweet, sweet goodness. I think there’s about 10 days till season 2 starts. I wonder if I can get through all of season 1 before that? I’ll have to watch a couple of episodes a day. I am nothing if not ambitious.

The only bad thing is that Tina’s message board (Danish site) is filling up with people saying how great the concert was yesterday. Well, that’s not bad of course. Good for them. But it just makes me all the more disappointed that I missed it. I saw snippets of it on the local news. Made me ache to be there. But okay, there will be other chances, almost as good.

Coming up next: The dramatic surgery story. Probably. If I can tear myself away from Poe, Lost and Stargate.

No comments:

Post a Comment