Sunday, September 18, 2005

Free Like The Bird

So on Friday I went back to the hospital. Which looks like this by the way:

thumb

Did I already post a picture of it? Oh well, nevermind. There it is in any case. A very nice place.

The head nurse took a good look at me and removed the stitches. It didn’t hurt much but it was rather unpleasant anyway. Just imagine having threads being pulled out of you, isn’t that a revolting development?

Nah, it was okay. And the nurse said that the whole thing looked really good. I have to take her word for it. She gave me a hand mirror so I could see myself and what I saw were red, bloody lines. Fresh scars. Didn’t look especially great to me. But it takes time of course, and the fact that the nurse said it looked good hopefully means it will end up looking… good.

Now I’m done at the hospital. I think there will be a checkup in 6 months time. But for now I just have to wear some small “angel hair” bandages and that darn vest for a few months. The hardest parts are over. I’m sleeping better too. I can lie on my side now. Makes a huge difference. I really can’t sleep on my back. Don’t ask me why.

I am so incredibly happy with all this. I’m so glad I did it. Today I took out the trash. Went down to the disposal place. Didn’t put on a jacket. I can walk outside without a jacket on now. What wonder.

I remember a few years ago, when I started working at the Barn. I couldn’t even take my jacket off inside back then. I wore it all the time. Slowly, slowly I began to take it off at lunch. It took a long, long time before I could go around inside without wearing a jacket all the time. Now it all feels different. My jacket was my protection, now I don’t need to be protected.

What a great feeling.

After the hospital visit I went to the playground to see the animals. And the sweetest thing happened.

Mads was lying down on his side.

thumb

I love when he does that, it looks so funny. He doesn’t do it too often though. Not completely on his side.

I was sitting right next to him. Sitting against a tree. And scratching his belly. I think he was enjoying it. He sort of moved around. Moving his head about. And eventually he manoeuvred himself into a position where his head was lying in my lap. Aw. That was great. I couldn’t really get a good picture of it unfortunately.

This was the closest I got:

thumb

You can see my shoe there on the right. A little bit of my arm around his neck. And his head is in my lap. How incredibly sweet. Is that normal, that goats will lie down with their heads in people’s laps? I don’t know. I recommend it though, it was very cute. It really felt like he was my pet or something. Sitting with a kitten or a pup on your lap.

It was great.

He has a funny little ritual when he lies down. Mads. He sort of digs in the ground. Digging away some of the dirt before he sits or lies down. I made a video of it. Fun stuff.

When I started leaving Magnethe was watching me. And as I turned left and walked down the path she came running in full force, baahing her little lungs out. Like she didn’t want me to leave. It’s good to feel appreciated.

thumb

What sweeties they are.

I must mention another sweet thing. I must thank Milla. I got a wonderful letter from her today. With postcards from Vilnius. And a beautiful letter it was. Thank you Milla, that made me happy!

I am blessed in many ways.

I don’t, however, know how to hang a zebra rug on the wall.

4 Responses to “Free Like The Bird”

  1. Blog News Says:

    Blog News har linket til Free Like The Bird. vi er en gruppe blogger som udover at være linket til weblog kan du læse nyheder på forskellige sprog også på dansk. For at støtte os Kulturelt, link blog news til din weblog eller brug vores logo. tak

  2. meredith Says:

    and i have finally caught up. and i am so unbelievably proud of you. you have grace and courage that is SO rare. i love you so much. xox

  3. milla Says:

    I’m glad you liked it dear Plume! :)))))))

    All best wishes from me to sweet you,
    Mills

  4. Florida Girl Says:

    Good to hear that you are recovering nicely from your surgery and that you are happy with the results.
    I love the pictures of Mads.
    Magnethe is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment