Friday, September 09, 2005

Pennies From Heaven

I am tired. I didn’t sleep too well last night. I can’t sleep on my side now. It hurts and I don’t want the stitches to tear and die in my sleep in a pool of blood. You know?

It feels a little like torture. Not being able to lie on my side. It’s not so much having to sleep on my back. It’s having to sleep only on my back. I need to toss and turn. Lie on my left, lie on my right. Lie on my stomach. I usually never sleep on my back. But now I’m locked in that position.

I guess I will have to try and get used to it. Or hope that I’ll be able to sleep on my side again soon.

Apart from that little thing, I am doing fine. Only a little pain when I move around too much. As long as I keep still then the only thing I feel is that tight vest around my chest. Now I know what girls go through with their bras.

And you know I’ve wondered.

But seriously, folks. I’m feeling quite happy. Next Friday I’ll go back to the hospital and get the stitches removed. And then it’s just a matter of waiting. I have to wear this vest thing for up to 3 months, so it will be a while before I’m back to normal. But it’s worth the wait, cause I’ll be back to normal.

Didn’t get my Lost DVDs today. But I got something else in the mail. A package from work. They sent me a gift. How sweet of them! I didn’t expect that at all. It’s a book. An Edgar Allan Poe book. Probably Anders’s suggestion, since he commented on the Poe book I had at work. This one is a big collection of longer tales, I think. Very cool. Now I have something to read. Until my DVDs arrive. Haha.

I am in high spirits. Feeling positive about the future. I feel like going outside and walking around without a jacket on. Just because I can.

Alritey then. Enjoy your weekend ev’rybody. I shall be writing a more detailed account of the whole surgery and hospital stay soon. So look forward to all the gory details.

And did I mention that I love you guys? I love you all like muffins on a sugar tree.

Oh and Katherine, you were right. Being anesthetized was fun. I wish I had a home-anesthetizing kit. That’d take care of the sleep problem.

2 Responses to “Pennies From Heaven”

  1. Katherine Says:

    And in the fall we’ll be your sugary halloween pumpkins. Muffins is summer wardrobe :) Enjoy Poe. He sure knew how to write! P.S. Purple is the fall fashion colour this year, so once you’re out of stitches you should buy a nice purpley shirt.

  2. Mister Moy Says:

    Wow, dude. Hang in there. Don’t pick at the stitches — if you’re worried about them coming open (don’t worry, they won’t!) you can put some soft pillows under your side when you sleep, that helps some people feel more comfortable after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment