Saturday, November 12, 2005

Finger-Licking Good

Aw, the sweetest thing happened at the playground today.

Prince tries to eat my finger

The Prince thought I was food!

Prince tries to eat my finger

Hehe. I was petting his head and he was sniffing my hand. Instead of running away scared, like last week. And then he started chewing on my fingers. So cute.

Prince tries to eat my finger

I was apprehensive at first. Wasn’t sure how hard a little lamb could bite. But he couldn’t bite hard enough to hurt me, even though he was chewing his little heart out. How utterly adorable.

I made a video too.

Rewind to yesterday. It was raining. I bought a towel in Aktiv Super and went and sat down with the goats in the rain.

goats in the rain

I bought some raisins too. Remember the Bird! guy from usenet? I read that he had given his goat raisins as a treat. So I figured I’d try that. Magnethe loved them. Mathilde not so much at first, but I think that was just because she’s crazy for hazelnuts. I could almost see it on her face. “What’s this? That’s not a nut! Gimme nuts! Gimme gimme gimmeeee!”.

Mads liked them okay. He seemed quite subdued though. By the rain I guess. Magnethe and Mathilde were tied, Mads free. But he didn’t move around much. He mostly stayed on this here stone:

Mads on his island
(Wow, that’s a bad thumb. Click on it to see the proper picture)

In one of my goat researches I read that goats don’t like mud. Just like they don’t like rain. Looked like Mads wanted to stay out of the mud yeah. Even when I started feeding them he would stay on the stone. So I could actually sit down and feed all three goats in turn without having a crazy Mads running around and chasing the others away to get all the food for himself. Now I’ve tried everything.

When the goats get wet they dry themselves like dogs do. You know? They shake themselves so the water is blown off. I got hit multiple times. And I swear Mathilde hit me once on purpose. She was standing next to me, facing me. Looking at me. Then she turned around and had her side to me. And then she shook so I got a little involuntary shower there.

“That’s for holding out on me, nut-boy”.

Of course it didn’t really matter because I was already getting wet from the rain.

Today it’s Saturday. That means the playground is closed. But if I time it right I can still get in and see the animals inside. Which is where The Prince was eating my finger of course. It’s more fun to be with the goats outside, but being inside at least I get the funny sights of goat heads greeting me.

Mads' head

Peek-a-boo.

Mathilde's head

I see you. And that’s what you get when you point your flash straight in their faces. Blue eyes.

the goats inside

They finished all the food in that bucket, and somehow it got turned around and they started using it as a stepping stone to get up and see if I had any food for them.

Mathilde walking in the food

It’s not polite to talk with your mouth full, but no one says you can’t walk in your food I guess.

Last Tuesday, when I came late from therapy, Per was joking that they could make up a bed for me in there. Hehe. I would actually kind of like to spend the night in there. See how the goats sleep and act at night when no humans are around. Although that might be difficult since I am allegedly a human.

Hey, people let their cats and dogs sleep in their beds, what could be wrong in spending a night in a goat stable?

Ah, well. Don’t answer that.

I made videos of Magnethe. And I made more videos of Magnethe. Lots of cute baahing and scratching.

You can’t have too much cute.

Polka and the Prince

Polka and the Prince.

The  little Prince

And the Prince.

Good times.

For some reason my buddy list on MSN is full of arabs. I’m not quite sure why they keep adding me. If you read my Livejournal then you’ll know about the odd French conversations. I guess that guy is telling all his friends to add me. Or he’s scizophrenic. In any case I don’t mind, I sort of like pretending to be George Bush and talking about des fromages

One Response to “Finger-Licking Good”

  1. Rebecca Says:

    Hehehe, that’s adorable. I bet goats would be sweet friends to sleep with; I know they make great companions.

    I used to read a fantasy series by Terry Goodkind (but later in the series it gets all political and blah), and there’s one book in particular from that series that I really liked because there was a very special relationship between a character and her goat. That goat was basically her best friend. It was very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment