Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Now You’re On Your Own

There’s a big playground update in the works. But I need to process the photographic evidence. And I’m tired. So it will have to wait for tomorrow, probably. For today just a little about work and therapy.

Today was the final therapy session. Not really a therapy session though. Just Signe and I, going over the plan for the future. Expanding on the stuff we did last time. And now it’s done. The therapy. There will be a followup meeting in February with the whole group. But other than that I’m on my own now.

But I have a good plan with lots of concrete things to do. And I have methods to use. And I have the email addresses of the other people in the group. And the phone number to the anxiety clinic if I need help.

Lots to work on. That’s good. I must admit that I could probably use more group sessions, just to be kept at it. On my own I have a tendency to fall back into isolation and avoidance. But part of the plan is to get in touch with a self-help group or youth network place. Get some support that way.

First and foremost I have to write down an actual plan. With dates and stuff. And then I’ll take it from there.

Today at work I was watching the video of Prince eating my finger before I left for therapy. Sanne walked by and watched it too. She said “maybe you should be living on a farm?”. Hehe. She’s seen some of my goat videos too.

She asked if I had animals myself. And I told her that I hadn’t. And about planning to move and getting a cat. And such. Good little social interaction.

Yesterday Anders walked by while I was watching the goats jumping. And he asked about it. Where it was. Sounded like he knew goats. I said that the fence couldn’t hold them away from me. And he said “no, and if it could then they’d just eat it”. Hehe. And I said that they’d eat anything they could get close to yes. And he said “yeah and when they have eaten that then they’ll eat whatever is next to anything they get close to”.

See, more examples of how the animals at the playground help my social training. It’s nice downloading my videos at work too. If I feel bad or tired it always cheers me up to watch Mads, Mathilde and Magnethe.

That’s all for today. Coming up soon: No less than 4 new wonderful creatures at the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment