Friday, November 11, 2005

First Lovers On The Moon

Remember I lost my cell phone a while ago? When I went to the Spot Festival. Did I ever mention that I bought my brother’s old phone to replace it?

Well, I did. A month or two ago. Only today did I get a start pack thingie with calling minutes and simm card, though. So now I almost have a working cell phone again. What a relief. Finally back to having no one to call.

At the request of my evil twin I will now placate you with filler material.

I like:
music
soup
snow
rain
old Lucky Luke comic books.
Fraggle Rock
not eating my vitamins
TV on DVD

I dislike:
cell phones
boiled carrots with little bits of skin left on them in odd places
Sony
heat waves
that thing when the computer doesn’t do what I wants

I think Kevin Federline should thank his lucky stars. I don’t know who Shar Jackson is.

I don’t have any elaborate stories about my brother, none that are suitable for printing anyway.

My hair? Don’t get me started about my hair. I actually like my hair apart from one thing. It’s falling off. Dammit. From some angles it looks okay. And from other angles you can tell that in five years I’m going to look even more like George Costanza than I do now.

See? I just don’t have material enough to update five times a day.

Oh, here’s a funny filler:

I live in Jylland. That’s the peninsula part of Denmark. Connected to Germany in the south. Called Jutland in English.

Now. I live in the eastern part of Jylland. Østjylland. Eastern Jutland. BUT. The problem is. You can’t use the letter “ø” on the internet. So you’d have to say Ostjylland. But ost means cheese. So Ostjylland means Cheese Jutland.

Basically I live in Cheese Jutland.

Isn’t that funny?

Well, sort of spiffy anyway.

Another funny thing? When I take the bus home from therapy I get on at a stop right outside a church. A “frikirke”. I’m not sure what that’s called in English. Free Church. Anyway, doesn’t matter. Inside their church they have a netcafé! Hip. And it’s called Catacomb. The Catacomb netcafé. Sounds very religious doesn’t it? Well, whatever you can do to get to the kids. In the café you can…
“hang out” with friends or alone
play boardgames
do homework
buy sodas and candy

It just always strikes me as odd. A church slash netcafé. And it also conjures up images of some kind of pedophile Jesus, the dirty old man in the robe luring kids with candy. Only instead of molesting the kids he will teach them the bible and sing psalms.

Hey kid, want to play Doom 3, drink a coke and read a bible verse? You know you want to. All the cool kids are doing it.

It’s just a little creepy to me.

Also, when I was a kid I loved the show ALF. And I really, really, really wanted to have an alien of my own. What could possibly be the downside to having an alien living in your house?

Mr Eko – echo-echo.

I still want an alien living in my house. I think it’s time for first contact soon. We need some extra terrestrials to take our minds off of all the poverty, war, famine and disaster. Surely Bush’s spindoctors must be able to pull some strings. I’m sure the American government has already established contact with several alien civilizations. It’s about time to convince one of them to visit. If for no other reason, then to revive the Hollywood blockbuster scene.

So, you want this five times a day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment