Saturday, November 19, 2005

Mads Is On Top Of Things (pun)

So yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the playground. I went and had a piece of cake and some tea. I only stayed for about an hour though. I didn’t really feel at home, sort of caught between the grownups and the kids. Not quite able to make conversation with the adults, and too old for the kids.

I sat at the kid’s table. Haha. Well, there were no seats left at the adult table. And there were no kids at the kid’s table. So I just sat there with my tea. When some of the adults left, a nice woman asked me if I didn’t want to sit at the grownup table. Heh. That was nice. I like when people recognise me as an adult, because I don’t always look or feel like it.

It was just a small, thing, not too many people. But okay social training. And I did get one really great thing from it. I got to see pictures of Mads when he was young. Ohohoh. I have been wanting to see that so much.

a very young mads

Aw lookit him! Mads the kid! Isn’t he adorable? I just want to pick him up and hug and squeeeeeze him. Those things in the foreground are pens. Magic marker type pens. For scale. So you can see how tiny he is.

And you can understand why he is so used to getting his own way. Grown up being the centre of attention, loved and hugged by everyone. Kurt told me a great story about him. When he was just a kid he was the only goat at the playground. And there was only one sheep too. That was Fregne by the way, who just got those two lovely twin lambs. But back then it was just Mads and Fregne. And Mads lived on Fregne. Yes, that’s how Kurt described it. Mads would actually sit and and stand on top of Fregne! Have you ever heard anything so amazing? I love it. When they came and opened in the morning Fregne would stand up. And Mads would be lying on her back. And he’d stand up too. And Fregne would walk out, with Mads standing on her back. Can you begin to fathom the wonderfulness of that scenario?

If you think I’m making it up, look at this:

goat on top of sheep!

Isn’t that just the absolutely greatest thing in the world? I just just just love it so much. My wonderful Mads. Oh how I wish I had been there when he was such a small, cute litlte scamp. But at least I have seen the pictures now.

Maybe my great love for Mads is making me enjoy it too much. But tell me, dear neutral reader, am I wrong? Or isn’t that just a wonderful story and picture?

It’s hard to believe he was ever that small. Now he’s such a fat terrorist, yes he is. I just want to talk to him in baby pludder, yes I do. Yes I do.

Oh mercy.

Oh, and Katherine, I completely know what you mean about Magnethe. She has grown a lot, she’s almost as big as Mathilde now. But she’s still my little girl. I can’t even think of that buck going near her, it will traumatize me. Why do they grow so fast, our little ones?

3 Responses to “Mads Is On Top Of Things (pun)”

  1. traci Says:

    aww that is awesome lasse =)

  2. Katherine Says:

    That is an amazing photo of Mads and Fregne. What a wonderful sheep she is to have let Mads do that! He must have been a handful as a baby…just as big of a handful as he is now! I wonder how goats and elephants would get along…I bet they’d be just fine. Animals seem to get along for the most part…and humans…they start wars because they wear different head gear!

  3. Anne Says:

    Dejligt billede. Kan du huske geden i Kammerat Napoleon, som du helt sikkert læste i skolen?

No comments:

Post a Comment